Art Africa Limited (“Art Africa”, “we” or “us”) consider the privacy and protection of our clients’ data, both corporate and personal, to be of the utmost importance and we take robust measures across our business to protect the security and integrity of all such information.
We may collect and process the following information about you either by asking you for the following information or from collecting it from your internet connected device (e.g. phone, computer, tablet) through your interaction with the Fair Services:
• information you provide by filling in any forms in relation to the Fair Services (such as, but not limited to, your name; title; home and/or business address; email address; home and/or business telephone number; payment information; demographic information; art interests or preferences, art purchases, offer activity, payment history; and/or other information that may identify you as an individual or allow online or offline contact with you as an individual);
• information given in hard copy form or by any other means providing and/or including your name, details of your identification document (as provided and if any), date of birth, address, marketing preferences and any other personal data relevant to the services we provide. Such information may be provided when you are registering interest, transacting with us, subscribing to our services or requesting information;
• correspondence or other contacts you may have with us;
• details of transactions you carry out through the Fair Services, and any communications by telephone, in person, by email or by any other means relating to those transactions.
The information you provide to us will be used for processing transactions but may also be used for internal data processing, such as compiling statistical information about your interests and the use of the Fair Services. As a service to you, we may also use this information to customize the content we offer in relation to the Fair Services.
Art Africa will collect, record, store and use your personal data world-wide for clearly specified purposes including but not limited to:
• providing you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we believe would interest you in a way that is targeted and relevant. This could include but is not limited to web sales, private sales, valuations and expertise;
• carrying out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
• notifying you about changes to our products and services;
• ensuring that the Fair Services are presented in the most effective manner for you;
• (unless you opt-out) advising you of forthcoming fairs, promotions, events and services;
• maintaining our internal record keeping;
• process transactions in relation to the Fair Services;
• complying with any legal obligations, enforcing our policies and Terms and Conditions, and resolving disputes; and
• facilitating communications in relation to the Fair Services.
We may contact you for the above purposes by phone, email, SMS messaging or any other communication means.
We may match information collected from you through different means or at different times, including both personal data and usage information arising out of use of the Fair Services and use such information along with information obtained from other sources, including third parties. We may also compare your contact information to data in our databases in order to improve the Fair Services and enhance Art Africa’s marketing capability.
3.1 Agents or Contractors of Art Africa
We may need to disclose certain personal data to our agents or contractors (such as website or database hosting companies, address list hosting companies, email service providers, analytics companies, distribution companies, fulfilment companies, and other similar service providers that use such information on our behalf) to enable Art Africa to process transactions or communicate with you. Where we do so it will be on the basis that these agents/contractors are required to keep the information confidential and secure, and will not use the information for any other purpose than to carry out the services they are performing for Art Africa.
3.2 Anti-Money Laundering and Regulatory Authorities
We may need to retain and disclose certain information about you to regulatory authorities and to appropriate agencies to conduct anti-money laundering, terrorist and trade sanction checks and to assist with fraud prevention, in particular, in compliance with our AML obligations and in relation to anti-terrorism and/or trade sanctions. We will disclose this information as is required by law.
3.3 Legal Disclosures
While we will not voluntarily disclose your personal data we may disclose all or part of such information if we are compelled to do so by government authorities, at our discretion, or otherwise as required or permitted by law, including but not limited to in response to court orders and subpoenas,, or if it becomes necessary to protect the rights or property of Art Africa.
3.4 Trade Sale or Merger
In the event that Art Africa, or substantially all of our assets, are acquired by one or more third parties as a result of an acquisition, merger, sale, reorganization, consolidation or liquidation, such databases containing personal data may be one of the transferred assets.
In order to provide you with marketing information about our products and services, we may contact you by email, SMS or any other messaging service, telephone, and by post. At the bottom of any marketing emails you will have a clearly marked unsubscribe option from future mailings. In addition, you may at any time send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org asking for your name to be removed from our lists.
Please understand that if you opt out of receiving marketing information from us, we may still contact you in connection with your relationship, activities, transactions and communications with us, and to comply with our legal obligations (such as changes to our policies). Also, any request to have us stop sharing your personal data with other entities for marketing purposes will only apply as of your request, and we will not be responsible for any communications that you may receive from entities that received your personal data prior to such request. In these cases, please contact that entity directly.
You have the legal right to access (in a portable format), amend or erase your personal data, or, in some circumstances, to restrict or object to the processing of your personal data. If you would like to take steps to exercise any of your rights, please contact us at email@example.com.
We may refuse to provide access or may charge a fee for access if the relevant legislation allows us to do so. In any event, if we do refuse a request, we will provide reasons for our decision if so required by law.
In the limited circumstances where you have provided your consent to the collection, processing and transfer of your personal data for a specific purpose, you have the right to withdraw your consent for that specific processing at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The personal data we hold about you should be up-to-date and accurate. Please inform us in writing of any changes to your data by contacting us at email@example.com.
We will take all reasonable and appropriate steps to protect the security and integrity of all personal data provided in relation to the Fair Services, or by any other means electronic or otherwise.
We will ensure that your personal data within Art Africa is suitably protected against both unauthorised physical and electronic access.
These measures include an electronic firewall and various other protection measures that involve virus scanning, installation of security patches, vulnerability testing, backup and recovery planning, employee training, security audits and other steps designed constantly to improve the data protection posture.
However, we cannot guarantee that information during transmission through the internet or any computer network is entirely safe from unauthorised intrusion, access or manipulation.
We will have no liability for disclosure of information due to errors or unauthorised acts of third parties. In any event, where we believe personal data has been compromised, we will notify you of this and would endeavour to do so within 72 hours after we are or become aware of the occurrence of such incident, and, to the extent we have your email address, we may notify you by email. You consent to our use of email as a means of such notification.
We work in partnership with websites which are not operated by Art Africa which are linked to our website. The information you provide to us will not be transmitted to these websites by us unless you have consented for us to do so.
However, these websites may collect personal data about you in accordance with their own privacy policies. Art Africa is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such websites.
We will keep your personal data and records of any and/or all information associated with you and/or your account for as long as your account is in use or is open, as long as is necessary to comply with any tax, legal, and/or other regulatory requirements, and to protect and defend against potential legal claims.
Further, please note that, in the event that you have given consent to such use or provision, you may later request that Art Africa ceases to use your personal data for direct marketing to which you have previously consented. We will comply with such a request without charge.
If you have any queries in relation to the use and protection of your personal data please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.